- Free, up to 3,000 words. Discount automatically applied to novels (over 10,000 words) undergoing Developmental Edits or Proofreading.
DEVELOPMENTAL EDITING (BASIC RATE)
- £0.0035 per word. (Translates to £280 for 80,000 word novel).
PROOFREADING (BASIC RATE)
- £0.0025 per word. (Translates to £200 per 80,000 word novel).
Check out the Promotions & Discounts page for current offers.
NOTES ON SAMPLE EDITS
- Sample edits are completely free. This is to establish a style understanding between author and editor.
- Sample edits are provided up to 3,000 words only.
- Once requesting / receiving a sample edit, authors are under no obligation to purchase full developmental editing or proofreading services from Acres of Ink.
- Should an author choose to purchase a full service from Acres of Ink, the cost of the first 3,000 words will be deducted from the final cost, as long as the final manuscript totals over 10,000 words.
- Should an author choose to purchase a full service from Acres of Ink and their final manuscript does not total over 10,000 words, full ‘per word’ payment will be required [see Prices].
NOTES ON PAYMENTS
- All monies will be requested via PayPal invoice.
- In order to protect both parties, money will only be exchanged through PayPal.
- All final costs will be agreed upon before any funds are exchanged.
- A deposit amounting to 10% of the full service price will be requested before any full editing / proofreading slot is confirmed.
- 100% of final cost is due no later than 7 days after issue of final invoice.
- Payment plans are available upon request for repeat clients only. Options are:
- 2 monthly installments
- 3 monthly installments