WHAT IS PROOFREADING?
Proofreading is the ‘final check’ for any document before it is ready for print or publication. A proofreader will work line-by-line with the manuscript to:
- eradicate any grammar, punctuation or spelling errors
- ensure consistency from a textual (e.g. hyphenation and capitalisation), typographics (e.g. size and style of fonts) and layout (e.g. line spacing, text alignment and paragraph indentation) point of view.
WHAT YOU GET
- Detailed feedback on grammar, punctuation, syntax, spelling and clarity of prose
- A detailed Reader’s Report on the manuscript as a whole
- A marked-up Microsoft Word version (or PDF depending on original source file)
WHAT IT COSTS
£0.0025 per word (which translates to £200 for an 80,000 word novel). Please note that the first 3,000 words is included free of charge if the manuscript totals over 10,000 words.
For more details, please see Prices & Payments.
HOW LONG IT TAKES
Turn-around will typically be 3-4 weeks depending on manuscript length, but I will discuss any special requests / workload clashes with you beforehand.